Monday, August 27, 2012

By the way, I'm a brony

Well the title pretty much says it all. Tho ever since I became a brony, I've been hearing about mixed views of the brony community. A couple nights ago while searching for pony pics, I came across an article written by a 'concerned mom.' She was worried about grown men watching the show while holding little pink pony figures and getting turned on and she said that bronies were like a step below being a child molester. That part insulted me. I'm a grown man and I like My Little Pony and I'm not afraid to admit it. That certainly doesn't mean that I get turned on watching the show, nor do I molest children. That is disgusting. Fluttershy is my favorite pony because she reminds me of how I was when I was little, shy and quiet. Sure, MLP is geared toward little girls, but that doesn't mean I can't watch it as a 22 year old man. I have a friend who's older than me and even more of a brony than I am. I don't understand what's wrong with liking a show that promotes values like friendship, tolerance, caring, loyalty, laughter, generosity, kindness and more. It's a lot better than other things I could be in to. I wish some people would stop looking at the brony community so negatively. 

Just wanted to rant that out. 

2 comments:

  1. Accidentally deleted my comment, showed duplicates >.>

    Better sooner than later, but that will change eventually.

    ReplyDelete